Having beautiful pink lips without makeup is the dream of many girls. To help you make that dream come true, we have listed 6 super simple home tips to help you get naturally pink lips. Let’s get started!
1. How to make lips pink with brown sugar and honey
One of the main reasons why lips become darker is due to the accumulation of dead cells. Therefore, natural exfoliating mixtures are quite effective in sloughing off dead skin, leaving lips smooth and soft.
Brown sugar and honey is a hugely popular at-home scrub that’s effective enough without causing any discomfort.
Sugar is rich in antioxidants that help protect lips from sun damage. Sugar contains glycolic acid that conditions the lips and prevents them from environmental toxins.
The enzymes present in honey help lighten the color of the lips. Honey is also a moisturizing ingredient that helps soften lips and reduce flaking.
- Take 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (or white sugar) and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- You just need to mix the ingredients together to rub it on your lips.
- Application time is about 1-2 minutes.
- Then rinse with plain water.
Although exfoliating is great, you should not do it too often as it will make the skin of the lips more sensitive. Therefore, you should only apply this tip about twice a week to get satisfactory results.
2. Beetroot juice lip balm
If you’ve ever eaten beetroot, you’ve probably noticed that it makes your lips, tongue, or everything in contact turn pink. Beets have natural red pigments that give lips a rosy glow.
In addition to being a natural red pigment, beets are also a great exfoliator. When you rub it on your lips, the ingredients in this root help remove dead cells and give lips a smooth glow.
The simplest way is to cut a slice of fresh beetroot and rub it on your lips for 1-2 minutes. In addition, you can squeeze beetroot juice and mix it with a moderate amount of pure honey to apply to the lips.
Since beetroot and honey are all-natural, you can apply this mixture to your lips and leave it on overnight.
3. How to make pink lips with turmeric powder and fresh milk
Turmeric is very popular folk medicine, turmeric is also used as an ingredient in many cosmetics to treat melasma, scars, and brighten skin. Curcumin in turmeric combined with fresh milk is a good suggestion to help you fade dark lips.
You should use turmeric starch instead of fresh turmeric or turmeric because it will reduce yellow stains after washing. Moreover, turmeric has a much higher curcumin content and is removed from impurities, so the effect will be much better.
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of fresh milk to form a paste.
- Apply this mixture on your lips and keep it for about 10 minutes.
- When the mixture on the lips dries, rinse gently with warm water, then apply a lip balm to moisturize the lips.
- Do 2-3 times per week to feel the significant change.
4. How to make pink lips with strawberries
Strawberries are a natural berry that is rich in vitamin C that help to brighten lips.
It is for this reason that many lip balms on the market come in strawberry flavors. To get the best benefits from strawberries, you can apply them directly to your lips.
- Very simple! You just need to mash a ripe strawberry and add 1/2 teaspoon of honey, you can add 2-3 drops of olive oil if desired.
- Mix the mixture and apply to the lips.
- Repeat 3-4 times a week.
5. How to make lips pink with pomegranate seeds
Pomegranate seeds contain a compound called puritanical that inhibits the production of the skin pigment melanin. This is beneficial in preventing the lips from darkening when exposed to the sun.
- Separate the pomegranate seeds from 1/4 pomegranate and puree the seeds.
- Apply the pureed pomegranate seeds to your lips and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water after it dries.
- You can do this trick daily or apply it 3 times per week to get positive results.
6. How to make lips pink with lemon and almond oil
Lemon juice is a bleaching agent that helps lighten skin naturally. Lemon juice is also safe to apply on many skin types.
To prevent your lips from drying out, a good moisturizer like sweet almond oil is required. Sweet almond oil hydrates your lips from within and even helps brighten skin.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon and mix well with 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Apply the mixture on your lips and massage gently.
- For best results, leave the mixture on your lips overnight. Repeat this process every night for 3 to 4 weeks to notice a significant change.